Old February 6th 04, 04:17 AM
Nikki

Default "Cold turkey" weaning

DeliciousTruffles wrote:
toypup wrote:

OTOH, I don't think the one
incident will cause longlasting emotional trauma.

I can only give my anecdote. Katerina was force-weaned at just over a
year because of nipple confusion/bottle preference. She would not
nurse without her brother starting the let-down. When he
self-weaned, she was forced to wean but was not ready. Her
personality suffered a dramatic change. To this day she gropes and
nuzzles me.

Ugh. I weaned Luke before he was ready. He is just obsessed with his
num-nums. I'm currently weaning him of that too and he doesn't want to let
go. I hope this is the end of the whole weaning/nursing/breast thing. We
had a pretty awful biting phase as well. He had a history of that but it
just went through the roof about 2 months after he weaned. It is hard to
always do the right thing for everyone :-(

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)