Old February 6th 04, 10:04 AM
KC

Default "Cold turkey" weaning

That does seem cruel to the little baby. Why does she want to wean?
I can't imagine wanting to wean so young when obviously the baby still
wants to nurse.

KC

wrote in message ...
A mother on one of the message boards that I lurk on decided to wean her
six month old "cold turkey". *sigh* I wanted to cry for the little girl
when I read her post. She was trying to get her to take a sippy cup and
said that she hadn't eaten much in 18 hours until she finally gave in and
nursed her. She keeps talking about how it's a battle of wills and how
stubborn the baby is! It upsets me just thinking about it. That poor
little thing just thinks that her Mommy will feed her, she doesn't have
enough logic to understand that Mommy is never going to feed her again. Of
course, most of the other mothers were saying things like 'poor, Mommy'.
Poor Mommy?! Mean Mommy and poor baby! Finally, some people spoke up and
she attacked them, of course, as being crazy APers. I don't think you have
to be AP (and I'm not) to think this seems cruel. That poor baby must be
so confused.

Manda