Old July 5th 03, 07:03 PM
dragonlady

Default Parentless characters (was Harry Potter)

In article ,
(Mary Gordon) wrote:

Just as a matter of interest, how can you be anti-Harry Potter without
having read the books?

Mary G.

I met a 14 yo a week ago who was reading HP5. I asked him if he was
enjoying the book, and he said no, but he hadn't liked the others,
either. I asked why he was reading it then: he said everyone was
reading it, and he didn't expect to like it, but he didn't think it was
fair to trash a book he hadn't read!

(Agree with him or not, you gotta love the integrity of a 14 yo who will
plow through 870 pages of text he claims to not enjoy just so he can
trash it!)

meh