Old August 27th 03, 03:46 PM
Mary

Default Lydia's Birthstory (long)

Andrea, oh my God. What an incredible story.

Even though I knew you ended up with a c-section, my heart started
pounding when I was reading your birth story -- when you were talking
about *knowing* something was wrong but before deciding to transfer. Wow.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 17 months

accept it. I am sure I made the right decision though. I
listened to my body and my baby and I made the decisions I
felt were right for us, they weren't decisions I
liked or wanted, but they were the right ones based on my
intuition. I can't be 100% sure what would of happened if
I'd chosen not to transfer and kept
on contracting with an obstructed labour, but knowing how
thin my uterus had become due to an obstructed labour I am
pretty sure it would of ruptured before I birthed Lydia, if
I ever managed to all.
I'm sad for the birth I lost, but I'm not regretful for the
birth I had. I have learnt and grown so much from my
experience. At first I was angry with my body for failing
me, but I realise now it didn't fail me it saved me. I
listened to it's signals, it's change in pain, it's response
and I acted on it. My body isn't a failure, it's an amazing
succuss )