Old April 24th 04, 06:08 PM
HCN

Default MMR remains under scrutiny

"john" wrote in message
om...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...069872,00.html

April 11, 2004

MMR remains under scrutiny

LAST weekâ?Ts front page story about Matthew Costen and Joe Quick made
devastating reading and my sympathies go to them, their families and
friends. I feel I must respond to the statement that my â?odiscredited
research started the scareâ??. In the mid-1990s, my colleagues and I at

the
Royal Free were contacted by parents from all over the UK, with remarkably
consistent stories.

....snip ...

Dr Andrew Wakefield
Twickenham, Middlesex

Oh, cry me a river... not only is this not an article, it is a LETTER from a
man who has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

MMR has never been proven to cause autism... but the measles have been
proven to kill and maim. And that discreditted study with only 12
particularly selected kids only looked at MEASLES... and now mumps is making
a good strong comeback.

MMR (with the Jeryl Lynn mumps component) has been used in the USA since the
1970's... it is now what is being used in the UK. Oh... and Japan has
decided it needs to do something about measles, something that kills 20 to
30 of their citizens a year:
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/...20040424b4.htm