Old June 25th 07, 01:36 PM posted to misc.kids
Beth Kevles

Default 2 yr old, plane trip, and broken foot-any suggestions?

Hi --

We used to have a bag for the carseat that functioned like a backpack.
We'd use it to carry the carseat on board in those early days, and to
check it through when the kids got bigger. Perhaps you can find or rig
together something like that to make the seat easier to carry?

Do phone the airline well in advance to explain the situation and ask
what accomodations they can offer to help. They should be able to meet
you curbside with a wheelchair, help you all get through security, and
then put your family in a cart or wheelchair to get to the gate.
They'll help you similarly at the other end.

Once you get to DC, enjoy your visit! I take it you have family who
live in the area, so you don't need advice on the best playgrounds to
visit?

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.