Old September 6th 05, 04:11 PM
Andrea S

"April & Bump" wrote in message ...

If it's any consolation I am terrified of childbirth.. I am great with
labour but when the head is being born I lose it! This is number 6 for me
and def my last!

It has gone really quick for me too, I am due 15th October.

Andrea.

Hi Andrea

I was just really ****ed off with myself last time because I seemed to do
really well with no pain reliefe up until the point where I was fully
dilated and like I said I just lost all control and had all pain reliefe
that was going but the pethidine made me lose my mind and I was completly
out of it just wanting to sleep but the docs and nurses wanted me to push
but I just couldnt I was absolutly useless. I really hope this time will
be different and that I will be more in control. I am kinda pleased that
someone else is also terrified of labour just like myself, I know that
sounds horrible but at least I know im not on my own on this scary
adventure. I am more scared of having a c section that labour itself but
that it proberbly due to the fact I had a real horrible experience with my
1st son, he was born emergency C section and it was a nightmare for me.
You really are near your due date, I hope all goes well for you

April

I am exactly the same.. I am calm and deal with all the contractions fine
until fully dilated. I am a sod for trying to jump sideways off the bed as
the head is being born and always warn the Midwives!!
I manage as long as I can stand it then have the gas and air (around 5cms)
then have Pethadine in half doses near the end. I also don't think it helps
but at the time it felt like I was at least trying something! Prob will give
Pethadine miss this time.
I am very active until the pain gets bad at 7cms, then I go for the lazy
flat on my back position which I know doesn't help, so I am going to give it
my all to remain mobile longer.

I also have noticed my labours are getting longer. As soon as the labour is
over I can't hold the baby right away, takes me a few hours to get my head
back together. I see these birth shows where mothers are cuddling their
babies right away but I take longer to get it together.

Will let you know how I get on when my baby Girl arrives!

Andrea.