Old November 7th 08, 03:00 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
betsy

Default biting?

NL wrote:
Ok, so Sara is 14 months old and still bf-ing lots. Problem is she has
teeth (4 top and 3 bottom teeth) and she bites while she nurses.
She doesn't chomp down, it's just that there are now teeth where there
weren't any, so I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to wean
just yet, she's drinking from a sippy cup with a soft spout* sometimes
but doesn't drink much and also prefers to play with it to drinking from
it so she's not getting lots of fluid from the cup...

I've had trouble with mine biting while nursing after getting used to
biting a sippy cup spout. Would you be able to help her drink from a
small juice glass for a while instead of a spout and see if that helps?

--Betsy