Old September 26th 06, 01:18 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Dinner!

'Kate wrote:
Yum. You make me want to cook again even after the wedding cooking. That
was soooo freeking hard.

Ok,ok,ok relax........its over , the cooking is done everything was
wonderful, next one I'll do the cooking for ya! ;-)

Wedding pics are slowly going up on the website.

http://home.houston.rr.com/replikate/wedding.htm

oooooo the pics ! I was there already but not many were showing at the
time.
Bev
'Kate

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 03:29:14 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Earlier this evening, I made a great dinner!

I picked up a small pork roast a while back and tossed it in the freezer. I
pulled it out a few days ago to thaw out in the fridge, but that evening it
was still frozen in the middle, so I made something else. This morning,
though, I noticed it was still almost solid in the middle, so I tossed it on
the counter. Hooray for it being thawed out for supper...
I, as always, had to call my mom and ask the same questions... How long to
cook it, what temp, when to put the potatos and carrots in, and so on.
She told me about 30 mins per lb, and this was about a pound or so, so salt,
pepper, season it whatever way, toss it in the oven, covered, at 350F with
some water. Turn it over after about half an hour, drain the juices out of
it (for gravy) and toss the carrots and potatos in. It seems, though, that
every time I've attempted a roast, it gets so darn dried out - today,
though, I put in a bit more water than the little bit I normally put in...
Boy was it actually tender and juicy today!

B made an attempt at seconds, A had seconds and so did I. I might even heat
a plate up in a bit for a small snack, or maybe a nice cold roast sandwich
and heat what's left up for supper tomorrow (as per B's request earlier
today)

Good supper, I actually ate a lot, and although this is pointless, I felt
the need to share. It was a good, healthy meal that didn't take too long,
and it was cheap. I think I paid like $5 for the roast, as it was on sale
when I bought it last week Not to mention it's still good for another
meal and a snack or two lol