Old October 9th 03, 10:36 PM
Kat

Default Help! bleeding (somewhat graphic)

"pcb" wrote in message
I've had a really long day at work that included lots of walking,
especially up and down stairs. I've just started my 2nd trimester and
when I got home this evening and changed my clothes I saw that I had
bled during the latter part of the day. I do remember sitting on the
train and feeling as if I were but I've had this sensation before and
when I've gone to the bathroom to check there hasn't been anything, so I
don't think much of it. I was really shocked when I actually saw blood;
it wasn't really red, more of a brownish color. But it's definitely
enough to stain a pad, not just spotting. I'm not sure what to do. Do
I call my doctor? go to the hospital?

I haven't even said anything to my DH because just yesterday he was
telling me that I've been doing too much lately and I need to slow down.
I brushed him off and told him I was ok. I was! But now this really
has me scared. This is our first and most probably only child and I
hate to think that I've put his/her life in jeopardy. I'm 39 btw. I
checked "What to Expect When Expecting" and it didn't say anything that
makes me particularly worried, but I am. I'm supposed to go to a
wedding tomorrow up in Oxford (I'm in London), but now I think maybe I
should stay home since it's going to be a very long day, most probably
12pm-12am.

Help!

In all honesty just call your doctor. It's probably something that they
would want to know about anyway. It might be nothing but it might make you
feel better to talk to them and maybe even see them today to have you
checked out.