Old July 5th 03, 10:15 PM
Beth

Default OT (xposted) - US Constitution discussion

Dorothy,

I am interested in your discussion, but the ideas I have are too vague
and ill-formed for posting publicly. I recently lost my address book
due to a hard-drive failure combined with my own proscrationation
tendencies towards back-ups. Could you email me your current address
and I'll correspond with you privately.

Beth Clarkson

(Two Bears) wrote in message . com...
toto wrote in message . ..
If aps and asadd would like to participate, I invite people to
come over to aac to continue since this may be annoying to
regs in aps or asadd who are not interested. I wanted to invite
those who had participated in the What is Terrorism thread
that was xposted to misc.kids into the discussion and I don't
know which groups most of them post to by their nics.

Marcie, Jake, Chris, Kane, Mark Probert? Any of you up
for this kind of discussion? I really would like some ideas
about this. My own are only half-formed really.

US Constitution is hopelessly outdated according to some people
I speak to from various other countries of the world.

What a laugh! In other countries huh? Screw them and I don't like
their hats. They are not worth the words which prove them contemptuous
and jealous of the fact that some of us US citizens HAVE a
constitution WITH a Bill of Rights and were and are willing to fight
to get and keep them ~!!

There is some sentiment for this in the US as well. And there is
some sentiment that our present constitution is a problem mainly
because the powers that be have not really adhered to its original
tenets and protections for citizens.

Yep, and they should be in one of those "other countries"

So....

What kinds of things should a modern constitution contain?

None. It is fine the way it is. The controversy it causes is healthy,
reminding patriots to be ever vigilant.

Which provisions that are currently in the US Constitution
should be eliminated, if any? (No, I am not for eliminating
the BOR, though updated language might make a few things
more clear).

One of the beauties of the document is that those who are good for the
country understand it and those who are cancerous to the country try
to missinterpret it.

Any ideas would be appreciated. No legal language please.
Let's keep it on a level that those of us who are not lawyers,
can understand.

The first good thing you've said.