Old February 10th 06, 04:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Have milk, but it won't drain

Congratulations on your new arrrival!

My milk didn't come until the end of day 4. Even when I tried pumping I
got nothing at first. The best way to relieve the engorgement was to
hand express. My mw was very patient and showed me how to do it
correctly . The first time I managed it it flew across the room. My
main problem was I was doing it too weakly, you have to do it quite
hard and make sure you massage the outside area towards the middle then
pull and squeeze the nipple. There were leaflets to show you how but
they didn't help, I needed someone in the flesh as it were, so perhpas
your lc or mw could help. I really hope this helps, engorgement is no
fun.

Jeni