Old February 10th 06, 04:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Have milk, but it won't drain

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had nipple reduction surgery three years ago and have strong reason
to believe the pores on the tips of my nipples are 100% blocked by scar
tissue. However, before I am fully certain that this is the case I
wanted to check if others have had a situation where drainage was not
happening at all (with their natural nipples, ie), and how they dealt
with it. I stress 'at all' because I would be ecstatic if I had two
drops of colostrum like some of you have had.

snip
How can these people tell me I have drainage when I KNOW I don't?

Please anyone if you have an answer to my original question that's
really all I would like to know right now. I am frustrated enough as
it is, I don't want to be told that I don't know what I'm talking about
right now. Please understand, it's very difficult for me right now.

I appologise if my previous post caused you distress - that was not my
intention but I didn't know about your surgery which may well affect your
milk. This must be distressing.

Hope that you have some success soon, and if not, remember that feeding your
baby is the most important thing and your baby won't mind how she is fed.

Suzanne