Old March 24th 07, 06:01 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

Default Just a question...

wrote in message
ups.com...
On 24 mar, 01:21, "xkatx" wrote:
I was wondering... What way do you find to be the most comfortable or
comforting way to feed?

I use to feed my little Jim while it's in the baby sling.
have you ever tried this kind of wraps?

It's so comfortable for me and for him!
More, I can nurse discreetly in public... well, if you appear
confident about it!

Noe
mama to Jim, 6 months old

I do have a baby wrap that I absolutely love for carrying and wearing DD2
(even DD1 every now and then!) but for feeding, I kind of find it a pain.
Maybe I'm not wrapping her up in a good way, but I found a handsfree nursing
wrap online... I just find it's hard to actually nurse as she tends to pull
off or something. She also seems to find it very funny and will sit there
smiling at me! And maybe there's an easier way, but with the wrap I have
and the wrapping technique I tried, it seems to be more of a PITA because I
have to yank her out to burp (even at 5 months, if she doesn't burp she'll
puke up everything about 10 minutes after finishing, it seems) and then
getting her back in is a pain because I have to unwrap myself and re-wrap
with her again. I find I spend more time wrapping than feeding, as it seems
she'll only nurse for a regular feed for about 10 minutes MAX per side.

I do keep my eye out for any good ways to wear her to nurse with what I
have, though. When I have a chance to actually sit and browse sites, I will
definitely check that link you gave out!