Old April 3rd 08, 03:26 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
Myrl

Default Jenny McCarthy: My son's recovery from autism

On Apr 2, 5:01*pm, wrote:

No scientist would agree to what is going on with autism. *All the
scientists have been muzzled by the "Daubert" principle, whatever that
is.

Only doctors, who know little to no science, would perpetuate this
medical fraud. *The title should have been Parents vs doctors.

DrCee

Actually I think it's quite clear that scientists may have opinions
about autism. They may not always get to express them in courts of
law.

The only place they may be "muzzled" somewhat, is in court trials and
litigation. Sometimes Daubert rears it's ugly head when judges, who
are not scientists must decide whether science exists or is valid
enough to allow "expert" witnesses (scientists and doctors, etc.) to
testify to that validity. So in essence, you have a non-scientist
(the judge) making rulings about whether scientists are actually
"experts" or not.

It gets dicey at best, and in more cases than not, Daubert decisions
go against litigants.