Old September 12th 07, 05:59 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Caledonia

Default prior to pregnancy -- any prep? (over 40, esp)

On Sep 12, 12:24 pm, Pologirl wrote:
On Sep 10, 5:23 pm, Caledonia wrote:

We're thiiiiinking about trying for child #3; it's an open question,
given our respective ages, whether this will even be a possibility.
Lately I've read about women going to the dentist, the OB, the PCP et
al prior to trying to become pregnant, just wanting to be 'checked.'
Is this overkill? (I admit, sounds like overkill to me.) Did anyone
*do* this, and if so, for what reasons?

Caledonia

Deferred maintenance usually isn't a good idea, regardless of whether
you plan to try for #3. Whatever needs to be taken care of, go out
and take care of it.

I'm kind of jealous that you're thiiiiinking about trying for child
#3. I kind of want another one but DH says he's done. I can see his
point. I don't like being pregnant, and I also find being a stay-at-
home mom very frustrating at times. But I adore my children and I
really, really enjoy tiny babies.

Hungry Girl is due to turn 1.

Pologirl
2004 Monkey Boy
2006 Hungry Girl

DH is the big booster for #3; I'm on the fence -- and the whole "is
this going to happen as I'm old(er)' might make all of this moot. I
really dislike being pregnant, and finally feel with DD1 (8) and DD2
(4.5) that I've gotten the hang of this -- which might also be a
reason I haven't been the biggest booster.

I am the queen of deferred dental maintenance, mainly because my teeth
are in good shape yet I have a real issue with, well, dental work. I
feel that I substitute taking my kids to the dentist regularly, as if
that gets me a 'bye.'

Sigh. Still thinking, not yet convinced -- but all in all, I probably
should go to the dentist.

Caledonia