Old January 28th 04, 01:51 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default "Child is Born" and other neat books

"Mary S." wrote in message ...

Any other feel-good books to recommend?

Well, I can think of two:

Rediscovering Birth by Shiela Kitzinger
and
Ever since Eve : personal reflections on childbirth by Nancy Caldwell
Sorel

The former is an anthropological look at Childbirth around the world,
and has beautiful photographs including the hands held over a belly in
a heart-shape (cool photo), the latter is the history of childbirth -
essays and such about birth including stuff like letters from Queen
Victoria to her daughter when she (the daughter) was pregnant.

I guess if I were to pick only one, it would be the latter, but both
are wonderful.

There's lots of info about the books on amazon and other sources.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01