Old January 29th 04, 05:03 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default "Child is Born" and other neat books

"Mary S." wrote in message ...
Rediscovering Birth by Shiela Kitzinger
and
Ever since Eve : personal reflections on childbirth by Nancy Caldwell
Sorel

The second one sounds really cool.

It *is* totally cool. I read it as a teenager - my mother got it when
she was pregnant with my brothers (who are MUCH younger than I am).
She then gave me her copy when I was pregnant with my daughter.

I'm trying to avoid Kitzinger and so
forth because I don't want the negativity this time around. I don't
want to read another description of why traditional medical care sucks
ever again (although it was a necessary and valuable part of the
process I had to go through with my first pregnancy, and I appreciate
that the research and advocates are out there).

That's fine - I expect you to pick and choose the stuff that interests
you!!
:-) I don't think the Kitzinger has quite the 'tude that others may
have. Out of curiousity - why are you so turned off to reading about
the idea that traditional medical care isn't what it should be?

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01