Old January 30th 04, 09:03 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default "Child is Born" and other neat books

"Mary S." wrote in message ...

I want to read "feel good" pregnancy books, skip the heated debate
threads on epidurals or formula feeding here, and encourage other women
to explore the possibilities by sharing my positive experience and,
hopefully, being a contented example this time around as well.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for the response, which makes a lot of sense. You
might - if you happen to run across it in a bookstore, flip through
the Kitzinger book, if only for the photos, which are BEAUTIFUL.

However, I think the Ever Since Eve book will fit the bill nicely.
It's a wonderful book, but it's not only feel good stuff. It contains
EVERYTHING - from the good to the bad, anthropologicial, to diary
entries of frontier women (who often went home to their mothers to
give birth). It relates the first documented c-section that the woman
and child survived (It's actually a neat story with a happy outcome).
It's almost all personal reflections - except for the stories that
arise from more primitive cultures where there's not much written -
and that's covered by the anthropological stuff. Because it's
personal reflections, it's all very matter-of-fact.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01