Old September 22nd 04, 07:36 PM
Denise Anderson

"Jill" wrote in message
om...
Just a kid I know, Just curious. How would you guys handle a 2 and a half
year old child (boy) who kicks? Like, he will just walk up and haul off
and
kick someone, and his parents do not say or do anything to him? He kicked
one of his grandparents, who promptly spanked him, and it made the parents
angry at the grandparent.

I don't believe that spanking a child for violence really makes much sense.
And I do spank my children for other things. "Hey, so and so, we don't kick
because it hurts people.." but let me spank you. Its kind of hypocritical.
I would also have a problem with any of my relatives spanking any of my
children. That's my job. Discipline, fine. Redirection, fine. But not
spanking...

Denise