Old September 22nd 04, 08:47 PM
firedancer623

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message
news:yCj4d.49$iD6.27@trnddc05...

"Jill" wrote in message
om...
Just a kid I know, Just curious. How would you guys handle a 2 and a half
year old child (boy) who kicks? Like, he will just walk up and haul off
and
kick someone, and his parents do not say or do anything to him? He kicked
one of his grandparents, who promptly spanked him, and it made the
parents
angry at the grandparent.

I don't believe that spanking a child for violence really makes much
sense. And I do spank my children for other things. "Hey, so and so, we
don't kick because it hurts people.." but let me spank you. Its kind of
hypocritical.
I would also have a problem with any of my relatives spanking any of my
children. That's my job. Discipline, fine. Redirection, fine. But not
spanking...

Denise

I agree with Denise. We never spank for that reason. However, I can probably
count on one hand the # of times I've ever even swatted my kids on the butt.
And FWIW, it didn't help to correct anything.

I'd never, ever spank anyone elses kid. I'd be *very* upset if *anyone*
layed a finger on mine. That includes grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.

When I was about 4, we were at a family picnic and one of my relatives
slapped me across the face. She said I was being annoying or bothersome as a
4 yr old can be. I actually remember it because I thought she was the
greatest and I was probably invading her personal time or something. My
parents went through the roof and to this day remember how heartbroken I
was. I just don't think it's right of others to correct your child, and vice
versa.

Kari