Old June 27th 07, 07:07 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Won't go potty at home

This too shall pass

It is incredibly frustrating! Daddy's trip may definitely be a
culprit. I went back to work parttime while my son was at this
stage. He stayed with grandma 3 days a week. Every single week,
after gma's days, it was like starting over. Regression happens.

One thing I learned from my first child, just roll with it. It's just
not as important to them as it is to you. And the urge to use the
toilet will sometimes inexplicably disappear for a week or two when
they pick up a different interest that holds their attention more
strongly than the novelty of peeing in a toilet.

Mine randomly decided one day to stop using it at home, then began to
use every public restroom he could get me to go into as many times as
he could get me to go into it. The novelty of it, I assume.

It will come back. I have seen many a mom ready to cry or explode
while coming out of a bathroom stall with a toddler. You are NOT
alone.

The poop thing will also come along - much to your relief!

The light at the end of the tunnel? FULL SUCCESS BEFORE HE HIT THREE!

On Jun 26, 4:22 pm, mylittlelisa wrote:
We have been trying to train our 2 1/2 yo daughter for almost a
month. It started out kind of rough and we switched from panties to
pullups (at daycare's request). After that, things were good. She
would sit on the potty a couple of times at daycare, sometime
succeeding and sometimes not. On friday, she was dry ALL DAY at
daycare. Yeah. I thought the end was near. She didn't use the potty
at home all night. she went off with my dad saturday night and stayed
dry all night (except for poop, still working on that), and was dry in
the morning. When she came home, failure again. She used to go
really good for me at home, but recently, she had stopped. Whenever I
ask her, she says she doesn't have to go. When she has an accident, I
try not to get mad, but it is getting hard. I know she knows better.
Any suggestions?

Also, on friday, my husband left on a business trip for two weeks,
could this cause her sudden regression at home?