Old October 2nd 06, 01:45 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
hobbes

Default NIP in church? Appropriate?

"Melissa" wrote in message
. ..
For me it wasn't a matter of modesty but a matter of how was Connor
reacting. If he was going to be calm and nurse nicely, I'd stay put (like

did at church during a couple of funerals). If however he was going to

have
one of his suck pull off scream, nurse but also pull at all of Mommy's
clothes, hair, whatever nursing sessions I'd take him out to our mother's
lounge.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I generally feel free to BF
anywhere, given that DS is going to do so discreetly. But if he's in one of
those moods where it will be noisy, or if he'll be pulling off my clothes
(or disengaging and leaving me hanging out to dry) , and therefore causing a
distraction, I'll take him out to the foyer or to the nursery. In most
places, the noise wouldn't be an issue, but in the middle of a church
service, I do my best to keep my entire family reasonably quiet so that we
won't disturb the worship of the people around us.

--
Jodi, sahm to
Oliver (5 years)