Old March 20th 08, 10:45 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

Default UK M+M+R clinics

"lu-lu" wrote in message
I don't want to spark a debate on the MMR, and I'll not respond to the
people that will respond to this thread in an angry manner as I've made my
decision after a lot of research.I have my reasons for this, and I don't
want to go in to them. I don't want to appear grumpy, I've just seen
similar
topics on here get nasty, and I don't want that. Thanks - I'll write my
little post now

*

My DD will will having separate measles mumps and rubella injections. I
just
wondered if any other UK posters have done this, and if so which clinic
they
went to etc. I'm really just seeing if anyone was pleased enough with
their
clinic to recommend one to me. I'm in the south-east, but I'd be prepared
travel if there's an outstanding clinic elsewhere. I know it's the same
stuff wherever I go, but you get a good vibe from some places, that's what
I'm after - oh, and obviously one that's fully licenced!

There's several in London, that where people from here go. There's also at
least one in B'ham. I'll see if I can find anyone willing to admit where
they went.
Ask them about storage of the vacines. There was some independent research
done which showed that a proportion (can't remember what it was) of private
places just shove all the vacines in the same storage irrespective of the
correct storage. I found this when I was looking into getting the oral polio
(which apparently is more effective than the jab, but very fussy about
temperature in storage). I decided the risk in not getting the proper
storage was too high, so got the jabs.
I'm not debating it: but do make sure you get all done, and start with the
measles. Too many people round here decide that they're going to have it
done, get the first done and then don't bother/forget/decide it's too far to
travel. Then wonder how their child got measles... it's obviously a trick of
the government!
Debbie