Old October 25th 10, 10:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
dr_jeff

Default Lies, Damned Lies, and Medical Science

On 10/25/10 7:58 AM, carole wrote:
"Steven wrote in message ...
On 10/22/2010 1:30 AM, carole wrote:

Depends on whether you're talking about medical intervention for emergencies or long-term treatment of chronic disease.
Conventional medicine is good for the former but alternative good for the latter.

Assuming this dichotomy exists, why do you think it exists? What examples would you give?

Steve

Obviously Steve, success stories abound about people who get treated by paramedics, at hospital outpatient clinics, bones get set,
cuts stitched up, and various operations and interventions to save lives. However, when it comes to treatment of chronic disease
such as cancer, ms, asthma, rheumatic, arthritic and so on, not so good.

If you consider that most people with cancer are cured, then it is
pretty good. Not as good people would like, but better than anything else.

Allopathic medicine has its limitations. I was facing a tonsilectomy myself at one stage but decided instead to see a chiropractor
which fixed the problem.

No. Chiropractic can't "fix" tonsillitis. You got better on your own.

I used to be asthmatic and had allergies to housedust - all fixed after a few years on cellsalts.

In other words, you got better on your own.

Medicine is a racket. In my opinion there is a conspiracy to keep cheap and simple cures from the people in favour of lifelong
dependence on pharmaceutical drugs.

That's your opinion. Back it up with facts.

There are many examples of cures to diseases being suppressed, although none of the skeptics in this ng would agree.

Please, share some of those cures that are being suppressed. Please
provide evidence both that the cures work (good evidence, not just
anecdotes). And, evidence that the cures are being suppressed.

They all seem
to follow along with the establishment mantra about alternative medicine being useless while allopathic can do no wrong.

I don't recall anyone saying allopathic medicine can do no wrong. All
things have risks, allopathic medicine included.

Of course, con-med (aka conjecture-based medicine or alternative
medicine) is, by definition, unproven.

rest of garbage deleted

Jeff