Old June 3rd 04, 02:52 PM
Jill

Default "Extreme" attachment? (kind of long)

"Nikki" wrote
I don't think it is related to stranger anxiety. I think it is 'not with
mother anxiety' and some babies have it in abundance.

I agree. Rachel is just over 3 weeks old and already exhibits this. My mom
insists it is because we haven't taken her "out around people" and are
keeping her to ourselves and spoiling her etc. I do not believe this at all.
First of all a 3 week old baby has no business being hauled around just for
the hell of it and I do only take her to her doctor's appointments at this
point. Our neighbors love her (our neighbors on each side!) and so she is
held by a lot of people other than just me, so there is no way i think this
is a sign of things to come etc-- but she knows her mama, and she definitely
cries sometimes seemingly just because *I* am not right there with her.