Old September 30th 06, 09:30 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

Default First birthday party, no gifts?

On 30 Sep 2006 08:20:18 -0700, Banty wrote:

Yeah, first birthday parties are really an adults' gathering. It's de riguer in
my area - I dont' remember *anything* like this growing up, though!

I agree that they are really for the adults, not for the children.

We did have a first birthday party for my kids. But, we only had 4
families (the kids were all the same age as this was my LaMaze class
buddies). We just let the kids play in our backyard. We did have
cake and blow out the candles. I think everyone had a good time.

I'm not a big party person so I would never have invited 40 or 50
people anyway.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits