Old December 23rd 07, 03:15 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

Default Tribes often at odds with state foster care system

"Greegor" wrote in message
ICWA says these kids should not even be in the hands of CPS,
but unfortunately as tribes in SD,NE, IA found, state agencies
ignored ICWA laws and grabbed the kids illegally.

How do you know that they were taken 'illegally'?
When a child goes into care, so far as I know, the parents are asked to
confirm or deny any Native heritage.
If a parent denies that the child is under the jursidiction of council, then
the child remains in state care.
Having no knowledge of the heritage of the child, I would hardly call not
notifying council 'illegal'.

The tribal council needs to arrange funding and reimbursement
so native families taking in fosters is not a financial drag on that
family.

Why? So that they can be accused of being part of a system and taking
advantage of it because they take in native children?

Supposedly, tribal councils remove kids at a MUCH smaller
rate and get kids back to their families quickly when they can.

Supposedly. Supposedly they also have to do repeat removals quite often.

The tribes don't have to take any guff from the state a-holes, period.

Why don't you tell us all about tribal law, Greg?

Sovereignty has it's privelidges.