Old January 17th 04, 11:48 PM
New York Jen

Default Failed 1 Hour Glucose Test, Onto the 3 Hour!

Sure, but the only way they can adhere to the guidelines is to have you be
fasting for the test. Of course it's not normal to have that much glucose
in your system, that's the whole point of the test...to see how your body is
reacting. That's the control they use.

"Karen" wrote in message
hlink.net...
My point is that the 1 hour test is usually fasting as well, which to me
seems to set you up for failure. It's totally abnormal to have that much
glucose in your system, and even moreso to have it in there without any
other food to interact with or without any exercise to keep your
metabolism working. I was given different instructions which
corresponded with some research I done on my own, and it seems to me the
procedure I followed provides a situation which is more normal, rather
than setting up a totally artificial then expecting the body to cope.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just tend to see things a little
differently, as does my OB/midwife practice, which is why I go to them.

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 1/2 and someone due 4/24/04-