Old August 18th 03, 08:23 PM
Mary W.

Default EMERGENCY baby now losing weight

Anne Rogers wrote:

1. Is he wetting/dirtying diapers? When he nurses are you seeing milk in his
mouth? Do you hear him swallowing? Do you feel let-downs? Do your breasts feel
fullish before feedings and softer afterwards?
Does he seem content after her feeds?

I'm fairly sure his nappy output is normal. I do see milk in his mouth, e
often dribbles a little after a long feed, or if he falls off some runs
down his cheek. I don't often feel let downs, but if I feel the other
breast I can feel milk collecting behind the nipple, so I think they are
happening. I do notice a difference in fullness, particularly in the
morning. Sometimes he fusses after feeds, often because of a wet or dirty
nappy he has produced during the feed, otherwise I pop him back on.

You've gotten some good advice, Anne. I think it would really help
both you, your doctor and your HV if you kept a written diary of
input and output. Record every nursing session, length, one or two
breasts. And every nappy change. Note how full it seems (if you
are using disposables, line it with a tissue to better tell if baby
has wet (they are so absorbant its hard to tell sometimes)). Note
if it is poopy or just wet. Note times for both nursing and diaper
changes. This way you'll be able to see how often baby is nursing
and what his output *really* is, and it'll help diagnose the problem
if it exists.

And I'd probably insist on a urine test.

Good luck!

Mary