Old September 23rd 05, 07:07 PM
Rosalie B.

(Hillary Israeli) wrote:

In ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

*"hillary r.g. israeli" wrote:
*
*I don't know the area, but how about having a bus lane instead of a
*pullout? (That is instead of a cutout in the curb, make the cutout
*long enough to hold all the buses involved.)

The street is just a two lane (one in each direction) street. Widening the
street would mean stealing land from Bryn Mawr College (can't see them
giving it up voluntarily) or from the school - and I can't see the parents

I'm not sure that would be the case the Bryn Mawr wouldn't allow this
if it were approached the right way it might not agree to that.

And I wasn't thinking of widening the street, just extending the bus
cutout. (How long is that and how many buses?)

and administration agreeing on making the parking lot SMALLER and the
playground SMALLER - they are already small.

OK - how about making the street one way? And not having parents go
into the parking lot at all, but just drop off in the lane next to the
school - like having a kiss and ride lane during certain hours.

Or let the buses drop off in the parking lot and the parents use the
bus cutout.

*For pick up, the buses park diagonally in front of the school with the

Well, they couldn't do that - the street isn't wide enough. A diagonally

This was at a school with a fairly large parking lot - not meant as a
prescription for your school - sorry if I didn't make that clear.

parked bus would block both lanes. Heck, I don't think my minivan could
diagonally park there without blocking both lanes!

grandma Rosalie