Old June 9th 04, 08:58 PM
Lee

Default Recommendations of good non-animated "family" films for two parents and a 3-year-old?

jjmoreta said:

If you're worried about certain depictions in movies, there's a Christian
ministry (CAP) that analyzes movies for all sorts of things and reviews them
in excruciating detail (each review lists specific examples of violence,
sex, etc). That might be a good guide for you concerning more current
movies - http://www.capalert.com/capmarstartpage.htm.

I've never found their reviews to be of much help, perhaps
because their point of view is very different from mine.

Harry Potter is an obvious example. They go on about the
movie being 38% more "Offensive to God" than the previous
two episodes, but don't tell me about how some of the
violence in the book is handled visually. I can tell from
the commercials that the slap in the face has become a
punch in the nose. Is there an explosion with multiple
Muggle deaths? Do they reveal a nightmarish dementor face?
How bad are the injuries from falling off of broomsticks
and attacks by hippogriffs, dogs, cats, rats and trees?
And when he loses his ability to shoot web while in
mid-swing, does he fall and...oh, wait, wrong book.