Old January 25th 06, 07:57 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default IN regards to Hypertrophic tonsils, enlaged adenoids/polyps

Not sure there is an imparement.
The doc said she may be mixing up sounds that are close together, but I
have not seen it.
Ok, so her and her brother say Dophlin instead of dolphin, but a lot of
kids mix up some letters in a word.
Just yesterday we had a kid over from daycare that says shintzel
instead of shnitzel. ( hebrew for breadded, fried chicken breast)
Lots of kids do that.
Pasghetti comes to mind also
We are going to have hearing checked.
As for the Apnoea, I have not noticed any side effects, she is not
cranky or groggy during the day, she plays well and has a mellow
demeanor. she does not wake frequently at night, she pays attention
during story time and movie time. She does not wet her bed. none of the
classic signs.
She was in bed with us this am ( sometimes they wake up around 6 and
come into bed, it is ok, with us) and the wife pointed out 2x where she
thinks Abby stopped breathing, but it was just a rest between breaths (
I have been in touch with the SLeep Apnoea foundation, they count
Apnoea episodes as any cessation of breathing for 10 seconds, not 1.5)
I want to have all these tests done before we do surgery, but the
doctors say just the fact that she has a mild speech impediment (
talking with what sounds like a thick/slow tongue), that she snores,
and just the fact that her tonsils touch and close off the airway
partially at night is enough reason.

Her brother is a lot quicker to get angry or sad or cry than she is and
he has no problems, so....

I guess we will do the tests before and hopefully after to see exactly
what the results are.

I am not so sure how her hearing is affected, she understands
everything we ask and say, the only problem is sometimes she does not
pay attention. I am sure she is not the only kid like that her age.
But the tests will see further the extent of the problem is there is
any.

I just do not feel comfortable cutting into a healthy girl of 3 years
old....

It is the way god made her.

I dunno.....

It does help, thank you Cindy. I know she will not remember much of the
recovery when she is doen with it, just that week being home with her
while she hurts.....
Jack