Old October 26th 03, 05:27 PM
Sue

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

Denise wrote in message
I was in the TAG program in elementary school. We weren't just
segregated into a different part of the building, we went to a completly
different school. At first, we were bussed out for part of the day, and
eventually we just went to a seperate school. It had a huge impact on my
social life. None of the kids in my neighborhood would talk to me, I
missed all the birthday parties, school functions, etc. If I had it to do

over again, I'd stay in the regular program. If anything every happens
where any of my kids are tested for a TAG program, they won't be segregated
like that. It was horrible.

Our TAG started out in a different school, but then due to money problems
they re-entered them into our school and consolidated them. Like I said, the
way they are handling it in our school, these kids don't want to socialize
with the other kids and will go out of their way to not play with the rest
of the kids. They don't participate in any of the school functions, nor do
the parents take an active part in the school at all. I am sure other places
handle it much better than our district and my opinions are based totally on
how our district handles it.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)