Old August 7th 03, 04:07 PM
Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)

Default Britax Roundabout car seats are legal in Canada

Britax Roundabouts (the non-LATCH version) were legally sold in Canada prior
to (I believe) January of this year. It's the new Britax products that have
yet to pass regulations. I have one of the non LATCH seats with a huge
Transport Canada sticker on its side. However, recently a friend of mine
tried to get one for her new vehicle and learned that no Britax products
were available in Canada at this time. If you have a Britax and it doesn't
have the Transport Canada sticker, you can be charged heavily and suffer
demerit points on your driver's license if caught using a Britax from
another country (that is, if you live in Canada - visiting is another
story).

They expect to be available by the Fall, says one baby store source.

theother Cheryl
"Elizabeth A" wrote in message
Hi,

I've seen several recent newsgroup postings stating that the Britax
Roundabout car seat is not approved in Canada. However, it looks like
it is, according to this advisory on the government's web site:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/child...4/d200304e.htm

Sure, it's still hard to find, and expensive, but at least it's legal. :-)

- EJA