Old August 13th 03, 09:13 PM
Elizabeth A

Default Britax Roundabout car seats are legal in Canada

Cheryl M. (ChatBrat) wrote:

Britax Roundabouts (the non-LATCH version) were legally sold in Canada prior
to (I believe) January of this year. It's the new Britax products that have
yet to pass regulations.

They expect to be available by the Fall, says one baby store source.

Thanks for clarifying. I'd heard that the older Roundabout seats
weren't approved either, but this makes more sense. Sounds like they
should be available again soon.

BTW, does anyone know what happens to visitors from the U.S. or Europe
who use an unapproved-in-Canada carseat? Or a model that's approved,
but lacks the sticker on the seat itself?

(In my experience, if Transport is anything like Customs & Immigration,
they're generally much more concerned with what Canadians are up to.)

- EJA