Old November 15th 07, 04:09 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default deadbeat and enabler list (another thread that went off topic)

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , Bob Whiteside
says...

"Banty" wrote in message

"His" money. Yeah, she took 'his' money to not be impovershed anymore.
If
there were a trustee like I've been suggesting, it'd be that she would
be
able
to save a weeks' tips and wait for the next paycheck to do that, maybe a
few
days later than she did, and put 'his' money directly to the rent.
Because she
no longer had to scratch to make up for - 'his money'.

I know most, by far, situations aren't like that. But time and time
again, just
like here, I've seen that attitude in one way or another.

Although this comment is just as anecdotal as your comment, there are lots
of events that transpire which make fathers believe their CS money is
being
misappropriated to cover the mother's personal expenses. A couple of
examples would be a mother who uses a lump sum CS payment after a CS
modification to fund her IRA. Or a mother who signs a state required
Uniform Expense Declaration under penalty of perjury showing expenditures
at
a high-end retailer are 2/3 for the children. Or a mother who claims she
pays her live-in boyfriend as a gardener and home maintenance person.

Oh I have no doubt that, being as some people just fraud wherever they
can,
this would be one of the ways. CP, or NCP, male or female. This crap
from the
CP; an NCP working off the books (and that's *common*).

It's just this attitude that, if the custodial parent, anytime anywhere,
shows
up looking better than hum drum, or doing anything more expensive than a
day at
the park by him or herself or with adult friends, "that was 'MY MONEY'
paying
for that".

And that is a sad attitude. As is the "how did you get a new car? You must
not be paying enough child support" accusation. (I've hear that opne a
number of times)