Old October 9th 06, 01:34 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
beachpeach

Default Trick or Treating Part2

I've read the trick or treat thread with interest. I'm curious about
parental attendance while trick or treating. At what age do most of
your folks think is acceptable/appropriate for kids to knock on doors
with mom or dad? We live in a HUGE neighborhood where we know most of
the people. It's very family oriented and the houses are bult very
close to each other (just trying to give a description). DD is going
to be 12, the day after Halloween and she is in 7th grade; just started
middle school. She hasn't asked to go alone (yet) but I expect her to
at any moment :-)

We've always had it that her dad took her around with or without a
friend or they've traveled in groups with other kids and parents. I'm
thinking Dad still needs to be with her another year or two. It's not
her that I don't trust....you know? My intellect tells me that there
are a bunch of kids out with parents, we've lived in this neighborhood
for almost 8 years, she can take a cell phone and yada yada yada. But
my gut says, go with dad.

I hand out the candy at home and make a cake for her birthday.

Thanks in advance.