Old August 4th 08, 04:59 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default Torn

Lulu,
It's hard when circumstances change and we have to change our plan. How
much of your paycheck goes to pay the childminder? 50%, 75%? 90%? If you
deduct the amount going to the childminder, and see what's left after taxes
and all that, you may well realize that for all the work you are doing, you
are only bringing in $100 a month or so. And for $100 extra a month, it may
well not be worth it to you to work. Certainly there are things you can
likely to do tighten your belt and budget a bit that might well make it
possible for you to quit your job. Especially since dh's new job pays more
than his last.

Talk to dh about it tonight, and lay out the financials for him. Hopefully
you'll both be on the same page. Good luck.
--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com

"lu-lu" wrote in message
I'm just wondering what you think...

Jessica started at the childminder's today. She just went for about 3
hours,
normally she'll be there for 5. I hated every minute of her being out of
my
care.

I didn't want her to go. DH and I always said we'd never have a
childminder,
and I feel like I've sold out. The only reason she's gone is that DH
started
a new job this morning. He has to travel and be at work by 08.30. I don't
leave work til just after 08.00. For this reason, he'll now take her at
07.00, and I'll be collecting her at midday. That means that as I'm at
work
overnight, I won't see her from 19.30 until midday for three days a week.
work weekends too, and already feel prety crappy that I miss her bedtime
and
breakfast 5 times a week. To now lose three mornings too is too much for
me
to cope with. The stupid thing is that I'm partly working to pay for the
child minder, that really sucks.

Everyone's telling me how great it is that I'll get time to myself. I'll
get
that when she's grown up. I don't want to miss her being small.I've barely
seen her for the last month as I've been doing huge amounts of overtime
where DH was out of work. In 4 months, I'll have a new baby, and my
attention will be divided. I resent paying someone to have her three
mornings a week, when that should be my time with her.

I don't know what to do. I think I just want to quit my job. That way I
won't need a childminder. DH is earning more now, so it wouldn't be too
horrific. I don't want someone else bringing up my baby...