Old January 26th 04, 02:34 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default calorically dense toddler snacks?

Anyone have any tips for calorie-dense toddler snacks? My 15 month old
daughter isn't gaining weight well and I need some ideas. She only has
four teeth (incisors only!) which I think is why some things, like cheese
cubes, tend to go into her mouth for a while and come back out as a
softened glob after being mouthed for a while instead of actually
swallowed. She enjoys pretzels and raisins and fruits and beans... but
she's gone from 45th %ile to 7th %ile for weight over her last four well
baby visits and I've been instructed to up her calorie intake....She
always has eaten well at mealtimes but it's snacking I'm focusing on, as
she tends toward the lower calorie things at snacktime (fruits, pretzels
and so forth). Packable items are also needed...

thanks,
h.