Old February 24th 04, 04:40 PM
Zucca4

Default When have you stopped co-sleeping?

Is there a so-called "good time"? Our son turns three months today and we love
having him between us at night in our smallish Queen size bed. We could care
less about spit-up and peeps and poops on our sheets. It's made breastfeeding
so much easier for me and our baby goes to sleep when we do and wakes up when
we do and there is minimal waking up at night. When he whimpers I give him the
boob, he nurses for a bit a returns to sleep. We really love our little
arrnangement.

Of course we try not to listen to other people who tell us he'll be with us
until Kindergarten if we don't break him out of our "dirtly little habit" ,
but we don't care. We love our baby with us. Only problem is I think WE wake
HIM quite a bit with getting up for the bathroom, tossing and turning, coughing
etc. I'm wondering if we chose to put him into a crib (in our room) if there
would be a good time to do it and exactly how to phase our system out. At three
months are babies typically "re-trainable"? We don't want to upset him too
much.

In short:
When and how did you stop co-sleeping? Also why?

Thanks,
Lisa