Old February 24th 04, 06:54 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

Default When have you stopped co-sleeping?

Nikki wrote:

Basically I like co-sleeping. I struggle some with excessive night nursing
but the worst part of co-sleeping for me was that my babies/toddlers were
then only able to sleep if I was next to them. Not even dh, but me. My
kids slept about 12 hours. I need about 6 hours. If they stayed asleep at
the beginning of the night for 2 hours (and Hunter was about 18 months
before he'd do that and Luke was 12 months) then that left 10 hours. That
was 4 hours of time they wanted me in bed but that I didn't want to be
there. I found this incredibly hard to handle. Now, if only I was a person
that could sleep 10 hours a night, I'd be set!!

I was wondering - are they okay about sleeping in the same bed together?
Meaning they co-sleep, but not with you.

I'm hoping this type of situation works with my kids. DD (6.5 years old)
hates sleeping in a room alone. DS (8.5 months old) sleeps best if
physically touching someone, preferrably mom, but dad works too. When
DS hits 18 months (maybe sooner), I want to have *them* co-sleep in the
same bed.

Basically, I'm a non-co-sleeping mom with co-sleeping kids.

Jeanne