Old May 15th 06, 09:16 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Packed Milk as Baby Feed

wrote in message
oups.com...
Packed Milk as Baby Food. We observe that mothers use packed milk as
substitute baby feed for the new borns.
Is it safe to do it, should we use special made milk substitutes/ baby

foods Is it important to dilute the packed milk in accordance with the
child's age?

Are you kidding? It's a crazy idea. I'm assuming you mean evaporated milk
powder. Infant formula was designed to be as close to breastmilk as
possible. It isn't much of a substitute, but it's a hell of a lot better
than cows' milk. Infants shouldn't be drinking whole cows' milk before 12
months of age.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,