Old May 30th 06, 09:15 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Packed Milk as Baby Feed

I posted about this before, but I'll repost the links again. Maybe the
message didn't appear on the server before.

See he

http://www.doctorndtv.com/FAQ/detailfaq.asp?id=6069

And he

http://www.thehindu.com/2005/11/30/s...3021410300.htm

I'd be curious to know the reasons why the women in Pakistan avoid
breastfeeding.

The treated milk is probably OK, but the fresh... I wouldn't do it - too
much chance of something being passed onto the baby. I know that sometimes
feeding the baby something other than breast milk is unavoidable, but adults
can get sick from untreated milk, so I wouldn't feed it to a baby.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am from Pakistan.

This is a common practice here , from packed milk I mean Buffalo/ cow
milk UHT treated and tetrapacked.

In here we also see mothers feeding baiies on fresh milk brought by a
street bike man in open drums , collected from the villages or his own
animals.

Somehow our women folk avoid breast feeding due to several reasons.

kindly advise

Rgds
M Jahangir