Old May 19th 04, 02:15 AM
Jill

Default Babies and Bills

"melbgal1" wrote
I doubt it's to pay the lovely midwife who spent her whole 12hr shift
with me. hmm.

I saw an OB for my postpartum pain (since an OB delivered me and I was not
thrilled with the way the midwives did me over pain, especially saying it
was due to anxiety etc), and I noticed that he had it billed/credited it
back to the midwives. So it looks like they will get to collect the
insurance money for the OB visit.

I think that's fair. The midwife was with me most of labor. And it isn't a
discredit to her that I felt better seeing the OB when I was having very
bad pain a week later, since the OB's used the forceps and did the
stitching.

Maybe by some luck, your midwife WILL see some of that salary!

Jill