Old October 28th 03, 01:43 AM
toto

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:43:56 -0600, "Vicki"
wrote:

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. You know, you
think truant kid, and you think a kid that's in trouble, falling behind,
uninvolved parents, unsupervised, etc., etc. But no. A truant kid is now a
kid that had the flu, went for a doctor appt., and will be visiting her ill
relative... who reads/writes/comprehends/computes well above grade level,
takes after school piano lessons at the school, is a Girl Scout for G*d's
sake... with parents who volunteer in the school and community. Oh, my dd
is at risk. Better threaten us with fines. I am really irate. Who came up
with such a stupid law?

Blame the zero-tolerance folks, the no child left behind folks...

Bush anyone?

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits