Old August 6th 06, 04:07 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Catherine Woodgold

Default The feminist view of breastfeeding

) writes:
I couldn't breastfeed. I tried pretty hard and I couldn't do it.

I do agree though, there is ridiculous pressure on both sides. I got a
lot of **** for quitting breast feeding after trying for 5 weeks.

I'm sorry about your problems breastfeeding, and I'm sorry
about the pressure you endured. I would have found that
extremely hard to take, especially with the lack of sleep
and hormones and whatnot going on with a new baby. I would
have felt guilty about not breastfeeding (even if was illogical
to feel that way) and any pressure would have made me feel
a lot worse. I hope you got through it better than I would have.