Old February 18th 08, 09:18 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

Default Milk with breast milk?

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
xkatx wrote:

I'm just wondering if she's getting enough milk or not, or if she should
be drinking cow's milk.

A child is weaned from breastmilk to a well-balanced
diet. Cow's milk is a convenient source of protein
and calcium, but it is not the only source. If she
eats enough broccoli, other green leafy vegetables,
and protein sources, she never really *needs* cow's
milk.

-- Anita --

She does like broccoli, to name one. And also does like salads - she likes
and will eat lettuce, but I find she will choke on it sometimes. Maybe
because it's kind of flat and thin, although I do chop it up in the food
chopper and let her spoon it in her mouth as more of a chunky mush than flat
and leafy. DS is the only one that won't eat broccoli now, so I do make
broccoli of some sort fairly often (steamed with cheese, in stir-frys, fresh
and raw as snacks and so on) and I could just about live off of caesar
salads, so a salad will often accompany a few different suppers.
With all that said, it sounds like she can have regular milk now, or not,
just so long as she does have a healthy diet.