Old October 16th 03, 01:21 AM
Scott Lindstrom

Default intro and question attachment parenting

Kevin Karplus wrote:
In article D04jb.101878$pl3.39988@pd7tw3no, Alicia wrote:

I will give the sling another try, it is my
first choice for carrying the baby, even though the Snugli works really
really well. He loves that thing.

An alert baby who wants to look around a lot may be happier in a
Snugli facing out than in a sling. The Snugli is certainly better
engineered for weight distribution (you can wear it more comfortably
with a heavier baby). If you and the baby both like the Snugli, it is
a good choice. The main advantages of a sling are easier nursing and
how quickly you can put it on. Slings can also be made very cheaply,
and the markup on the commercial ones I've seen is unreasonable.

I think another advantage to sling vs. snugli is the
ease with which a baby can be removed. I recall many
instances of walking with DD in the Snugli so she would
fall asleep, only to have her wake as I fumbled to
extract her from the Snugli.

But maybe they are better designed for baby egress
now.

Scott DD 10 and DS 7