Old October 31st 06, 11:34 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

Default Changing child custody when both parents agree

"batmanscat4" u28500@uwe wrote in message news:68918e6b24d02@uwe...
We are trying to find out how we do it!
We are trying to change child custody over to the father because the
schools
and community is better, we both agree on this change. Is there a way we
can
change it without having to hire a lawyer? can we do it ourselves? The
state
is Ohio. The child is 15 years old and also agrees to the change. We
really
cannot afford a lawyer and it's not like we are disputing it.

Go to your local court house, and ask if they have a pro se 'counselor' -
someone who can lead you to the right paperwork.

You need to file a motion for a change of custody, and when you file the
motion, file 2 affidavits - one from each of you. The motion should
include - a motion for the change in physical placement, a motion for
revised child support, and a motion for the parenting plan - if you can work
up a parenting plan (who has the child when, at least in general terms) that
would be helpful, too. Just make sure you cover all bases in what will be
changing.

When you file, you'll be given a court date, and when you go to court, since
there's no disagreement, the judge will, in all likelihood, sign off on it.

Looks like you can get some of the forms here
http://family.findlaw.com/child-cust...-forms(6).html